Our certified technicians will ensure:
- Good operation of vehicle
- an extended lifespan for your transmission
Your car’s transmission and traction ensures engine power to your drive wheels
Your car’s transmission, whether automatic or manual, connects to the rear of the engine. The transmission is comprised of multiple parts, including the:
- transmission shaft,
- differential, and
- velocity joints.
These work in conjunction to transfer the engine’s power toward the drive wheels. Proper maintenance is required in order to extend the life cycle and proper functioning of your transmission.
There are a few telling signs that your transmission needs to be checked and serviced by a technician:
- jerking or jolting feeling when shifting gears or difficulty changing gears,
- being unable to change gears whatsoever,
- reduced vehicle performance,
- requiring more force to manually shift gears,
- transmission fluid leakage, or
- the check engine light coming on.
It’s important to service your transmission regularly and change the oil and oil filter at the proper intervals.